Friday, July 2, 2010

FOUND IT

For the past... about eight years I've had this book that would randomly pop into my head. It was this story where a girl lives next door to this house that's haunted and she goes there for some reason and she starts to live a life that turns out to be a past life and it's been HAUNTING MY MIND.

Well I found it :D
It turns out it's called "The House Next Door" by Richie Tankersley Cusick. It's an amazing book and it turns out it's a UK book which would explain why it was so difficult to find. It took a little over two hours of serious searching to find it. And believe me when I say serious searching. It was driving me insane.

See it wouldn't usually be like this but something was different about this one. I found the book when I was like nine or ten years old and it was the only copy at the book fair and it looked good so I picked it up. Probably not the best thing for me to read because there were points where I didn't understand it one bit. But see I talked about it to people and no one had even heard of it.

I have a slight issue with figuring out whether something was reality or just in my head and, trust me, this was another one of those things that made me question that.

My own personal insanity aside there's a reason why I randomly thought about it again. SOOOOo one of my friends wrote a book and I read it and for some reason it reminded me of it (they are nothing alike by the way it was just this one part). So I was up until five o'clock this morning after having only like... five hours of sleep in the past week because I couldn't stop reading it. It didn't help when it ended in a cliffhanger that's for dang sure.

I was reading for exactly eight hours and eight minutes straight, it was insane. I love what she wrote. I really hope she gets it published.

That's the issue with writing. No matter how good one person might think you are the decision of your writing is based off pure opinion. I know people who would hate what she wrote just as many people as I know that would love it.

Ahh a whole post dedicated only to books.

No but seriously. "The House Next Door" I need to find my copy or buy it again used or not, all I know is I have to read it again, it would be so much better to me now that I'm older.

Ahh I have to end with a song don't I? Hmmm let's go with

"I will never let you fall(let you fall)
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all(though it all)
Even if saving you sends me to heaven"-- Red Jumpsuit Apparatus "Your Guardian Angel"


No comments:

Post a Comment